Friday, December 24, 2010

The thinspiration that saved Christmas

Intake: {0}
Exercise: 30min cardio

These last couple of days have been: Binge, Fast, Binge, Fast. I have been alternately giving up and restarting every other day or so, but I think things have finally stabalized.

Here is why: After my step-mom's cookie bake {where I ironically consumed no cookies because I binged earlier that day} I discovered this awesome new game a neighbor brought over called 'Just Dance' for the wii. Oh my goodness. My favorite sort of fitness ever! Unlike DDR {which I also love} this one involves actual dancing! I love it! To add strength to my resolve of not fucking up this holiday, when I went to the mall to finish my Christmas Shopping and buy said aerobics game I was struck by the amazing amount of gorgeous people walking around. My sister and I had decided to patronize the poshest mall in our area so everyone was like a moving magazine ad. We looked at tons of jewelry and shoes and purses and makeup that I have always wanted to own but never felt good enough to carry around. The final nail in the coffin was when I went into my 'When-I-am-thin-I-will-own-a-dress-from-this-shop' store {i.e, Betsey Johnson} and as I was fingering the gorgeous lace tea dresses and ruffled tuxedo style jackets I was thinking: 'I would never want food if I could wear things like this.'

I want to be beautiful enough that someone would want to spend that much on me. I want to be beautiful enough to actually do such items justice. I realize that rampant materialism shouldn't be the reason for the season or motivation for my own self-improvement but at the core maybe that's just what I am. A shallow girl who wants nothing more than to be gilded and set on a pedestal. Looked after, admired, and untouched.


This post went some weird places, I apologize for the lack of coherence

3 Curtsies:

Mich said...

I don't think that makes you shallow at all. <3

Favorite serial killer? Idk if I could choose just one. Richard Ramirez is definitely fun, but I think Alexe Popova would be my fav if I had to choose.
Lol that sounds so wrong...

You should make a vlog of yourself playing that dance game. <3

Anonymous said...

if you say it's shallow then most of earth population is shallow too.
i can't see much things better than pretty clothes and pretty ppl wearing them~
looking good in what i wear is one of my best motivations :>
i'm happy for you that you found out that game, sounds like lots of fun~ now when you'r working out that hard it will be a shame to binge! just remember it a second before you'r about to eat something nasty~ it works for me at 50% of the times :p
ow by the way, i googled 'cilantro' and apparently it had so many names and one of them is 'chinese parsley' which i love so much and add to salads!
ow i also checked jujubes~ thanks for sharing :> i've always wondered what that was when i passed by. i'll definitely buy those

Starving Artist said...

I love this song/video.

 
template by suckmylolly.com