Good morning Angels,
Just a quick post to relate what's been going on. This weekend was terribly busy, I had tons of play practices and attended 3 out of 4 possible parties. On Friday I had practice for the comedy and then went to an off campus 'mad men' themed party. It was wonderful. I wore my navy and silver halter-style cocktail dress with silver heels. Everyone at the party looked classy. My friend bought me a gin and tonic {I only drank half} and we danced the night away to awesome 50s, 60s, and 70s hits. I got a little tipsy from the lack of food and zoloft. Ended up pole dancing on old style gas stove with my awesome gay friend. {yeah, i'm that girl at parties} It was a sweet night, I have never been kissed by so many people before. I hear a lot of people were 'rolling' that night. I have no idea what that means but I'm guessing it's a drug that makes me appear irrisitabely attractive. I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, though. I did however avoid kissing that heartbreaker of a goddess. I saw her kissing another girl that night and had a bit of a bitter moment but Que Sera, Sera. I'm moving on and forward from that. At the end of the night I climbed up into the loft and took a nap with a very handsome kitty-kat. I kissed him good-bye and made my exhausted way back to campus.
Saturday was the sweeney todd practice {much better than the last time} and a cast-bonding party for marat/sade. I managed to avoid the very tempting veggie burgers and take a nap on the couch. Sunday was the comedy and marat/sade practice punctuated brunch at my tutors house. That was a celebration for a show I was in earlier this semester. I stuck to tea and the conversation was lovely. That was my favorite show ever. Everyone in the cast was a sweetheart and I feel close to them in my way. Overall it was a fun time but I didn't get any of the work I needed to finish done so I'm panicky a little. I was able to fast all weekend though so I'm really happy with that. Now I can go back to my regular 400cal/day eating schedule with calm feelings and no guilt.
I'm sad that I had to cancel my dress order because it appears my Dad didn't send me any money for spring break and I need that money for hostels, gas, and shopping. On the upside it's the perfect excuse to not eat very much during my road trip. I can't afford it!
Love you all! Wish me luck in getting things accomplished today!
Monday, March 7, 2011
I live a life outside, where I can be free
Even in this life of discontent, you are all wonderful
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 Curtsies:
oh man, those parties sound like fun! Yeah, rolling means they were on ecstasy or mdma, definitely making a pretty girl in a dress on a stovetop irresistible. good luck with your rehearsals!
yeah, what adrian said.
oh, the days of makeouts while rolling...how fondly I recall them. raves galore. my old age is showing, I think?
shame about the dress, but the trip will be better than any dress could hope to be.
Oh darling, what a lovely post - it sounds like you've been having such a wonderful time :)
Thank you so much for your comments recently, they honestly put a smile on my face for hours at a time, you've no idea how much I appreciate it, and how much I look forward to hearing from you.
It would be an absolute honour to be your penpal, so my answer is a resounding 'yes!' I'll email you some time soon to trade addresses :)
In answer to your questions, my classes are wonderful so far - intense but wonderful. There is a seating plan and the professor will call out your name in front of 300 hundred students and ask you a question. Fortunately I haven't been singled out yet.. but you'll know that if you never hear from me again it's because I've died from public-speaking-induced heart failure.
The ballet of Sleeping Beauty is showing here later in the year! I'll definitely be going :) I'll also definitely be posting a picture of my autumn wreath when it's finished, I just know it'll look so cute on my bright red front door!
My puppy is doing so well, I feel guilty because he has been spending a lot of time with his 'nana' (my mother) since I've been so busy at law school. But I'm determined to make more time for him - the little monkey.
Goodness me, apologies for the small novel of a comment. I hope you're feeling as gorgeous as you deserve to, darling.
All my love,
Your friend Adeline xx
Rolling... Wow I must be old. Back in my day we barely smoked pot and went to parties :P
I miss my days of participating in musicals and theatre. I'm hoping that once all my degree related stuff is over I'll be able to return to the stage in some kind of community production company. :) I am oh so jealous of your participation in Sweeny Todd!
Wow, good luck withe everything, hun! You're got a lot on your schedule. But as long as you're having fun and making the most of it, don't sweat it. I wish I was partying as much as you...I haven't been kissed in FOREVER.
xo
oooh road trip! where you headed? kudos on resisting all those delicious things. YOU are strength my friend. that party sounds bad ass and i am quite jealous. the music from all those decades is phenomenal! your dress sounds cute too. sorry you saw the heartbreaker. moving on is the hardest thing, but the healthiest too i think :)
have a good week love!
You have such a busy life, probably makes for easier fasting. I was drinking green machine. I'll check out those bands you sent and tell you what I think. I bought a whole bunch of these naked juices but in different flavors.
I believe rolling refers to ecstasy, but I never tried that one so I'm not 100% certain. (Odd that I managed to experiment with things like ether and laudanum, and yet the popular club drugs never interested me?) Sounds like you had a wonderfully busy weekend!
Such a social butterfly--you would have fit right in back in the 1950's. :D We could have been neighbours and hosted dinner parties while wearing our cute little belted dresses with petticoats. <3
xoxo
Your party weekend sounded fun, jealous!
I’m surprised the government allows commercials like that to air, I guess it’s all about $$ and not about people’s health. The phone call was not fun, but necessary. I can tell I’m slowly slipping back into bad habits and I want to stop it before it gets out of control. I love road trips and family, I hope you have a wonderful time too!
~ H
I’m sorry you had to cancel your dress order, maybe it’ll go on sale and you can get it for cheap down the road :)
girrrlll talk to your dad about that $$$ for spring break! ASAP! lol
it sounds like you are going to be having a lot of fun though!
the book I just finished reading is title Her Fearful Symmetry. It's by the author who wrote The Time Traveler's Wife. I highly recommend BOTH.
oh tai, i thought i was already following you!
good luck on everything, darling!
Post a Comment