Warning: Emo Poetry Ahead
Ode #1
Give me back my eyes
they are blind to all except
your face
and even closed
the darkness takes your shape
return my sight to me
Give me back my lips
they taste only your tounge
and bitter memories
event the salted tears
become your skin
return my smile to me
return my fingers from your hair
my arms from round your hips
return my ears, and nose, and breath
the thoughts that you eclipse
Give me back my life
this body sits unmoving
empty
like the shell that only echoes
when you hold it near to hear
return me to myself
Ode #2
Your beauty is the cruelest kind
it cuts and rips
it chips away the excess
what doesn't blend, what doesn't fit
Who could compare to you?
Who is left standing at the end,
to proudly take your side?
Who matches such a stride?
Not I
And so I am
swept away
to unobtrusive corners
the marble path you tread
remains clear and polished
cold

13 Curtsies:
Just curtsying to let you know that the kitten picspam post is up. I hope you enjoy. :)
very nice!
So sadly beautiful. You write with such lovely power, (if that makes any sense).
lovely! i wish my words came out that beautiful when i take a stab at poetry
Those are fantastic.
Ode #2 is just brilliant, though I love your use of eclipse in the first.
I was not offended by your analogy. Actually I thought it was quite beautiful. Thank you for the enlightenment I hope to hear more from you!
I just posted my vegetarian/vegan post, fyi. :)
aww, shucks...thanks, miss. *blusssshhh*
I think the happy bullets will be a nice counterpoint to my constant bitching. O_o
and yeah, feel free to hit me up if you're ever out of hiding. haha ;p
Nice :) Those are some song lyrics if i ever saw them!
Thanks for all the vegan shopping sites, ha ha I can hear my boyfriend now "do you really need another pair of shoes" any my reply "but these are vegan!" great reason to justify new shoes.
In all seriousness, I am going to slowly give up things until there is nothing left to give up and I'm fully vegan. I'll read animal ethichs books and see where I'm at a few months from now. What cook books did you find that you liked?
I hope that by going vegan I'll avoid the ups and down of fasting and eating (currently I'm doing ok but I live in fear something will come up that sends me on a downward spiral), did you or do you ever get bad edema from fasting and eating? or other side effects? I got edema SO bad last summer when i was fasting like crazy but I hadn't come across any other bloggers who got that :/
I'm so excited to go vegan! I'm about to check out neverfits piece on veganism.
~ Harlow
*hug*
Amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing
Amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing
Amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing
Amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing.
How much more should I say it to make you understand?
i think this is wonderful.
Post a Comment